KL & Penang Piano Festivals
Rules & Regulations
- The participant’s age group is determined by the year of birth, regardless of month.
- Kindly take note that Applications are not considered complete until complete and accurate information required and fees have been received by Euroasia.
- All fees are non-refundable and must be paid in full upon submission. There will be no refunds for withdrawals after online application has been submitted.
- Works chosen must reflect the current level and standard of the competitor and must be a published work of Western Art Music tradition from the Baroque to 21st Century periods and does not include modern works of jazz, pop, rock, etc.
- There will be no charge for any repertoire change within 7 days of submission. A change fee of RM50 will apply for each repertoire change requested after the 7 days grace period. Repertoire changes will not be accepted two weeks prior to the festival date for the chosen region.
- Please note the actual timing of each work based on the participant’s time of performance, and not from a third party recording of the piece. The length of the piece selected should not exceed the allotted time as stated in the performance requirements.
- Participants are encouraged to perform from memory, although this is not compulsory and no additional marks will be awarded.
- Piece chosen must be performed in entirety, with no part of the chosen work omitted. Any single movement from a set work (e.g. Sonata; Suite) is accepted.
- Any work that is not performed in entirety may result in disqualification. Repeats are not required.
- Participants must use original copy of all pieces performed. No photocopied pieces should be used during performance.
- The participant is required to bring two copies (photocopies) of the music performed and hand them in to the Jury Assistant before the performance.
- Requests to alternate order of performance will not be entertained.
- Please note that participants must be ready and willing to perform earlier or later than their scheduled time due to any cancellations and unforeseen schedule changes.
- Recordings of any sort (video/audio) are limited to the family members and/or teacher of the participant ONLY. Recordings of other competitors are not allowed.
- Announcement of winners and prize-giving for all categories will be held at the conclusion of the Festival day unless stated otherwise.
- Please submit all queries via our website form on www.euroasia.org.my or email email@example.com
- All Gold Prizes winners is eligible to register for the Final Round competition at the Malaysian Piano Competition on the 14th October 2018 at BISKL. A link to the online registration will be made available to winners after each regional competition concluded.
- Participants for the Final Round must perform the same piece performed during the regional round.
- All competition rules and regulations for the regional rounds applies the same to the Final Round.
Terms & Conditions
- The decision of the Jury is final and is not open to further discussion.
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation
- The Jury may choose to:
- a. Listen to only a part of the program presented if they feel they have heard enough to make a judgment.
- Withhold awards, as in line with international competitions, if the minimum points required are not met.
- Award joint-prizes or choose winner in the event of a tie.
- Minimum points as stated below:
- Gold Prize, 85 points and above
- Silver Prize, 75 points and above
- Bronze Prize, 65 points and above
- Final Round
First Prize – Top scoring participant/ensemble of the category with a minimum of 90 points.
Second Prize – Second highest scoring participant/ensemble of the category with a minimum of 85 points.
Third Prize – Third highest scoring participant/ensemble of the category with a minimum of 85 points.
- MYOF & Euroasia reserves the right to limit the total number of participants and to combine or divide any age group category depending on the numbers of Participant in each category.
- MYOF & Euroasia reserves the right to limit the total number of prizes awarded for each of the categories and/or change the value and type of awards given at any time without prior-notice.
- Contacting Jury members before or during the competition is strictly prohibited.
- In the event that a member of the Jury presents his/her student at the Piano Festival, the said Jury member is to recuse himself/herself from the Panel. The marks will be awarded only by the remaining Jury, and divided accordingly to obtain the average mark. A current student is defined as having studied within the previous 12 months. Attending or performing at masterclasses does not apply for this rule.
- All participants and their accompanying members are responsible for their own expenses and no reimbursements of any kind will be provided.
- The Piano Festival is open to the public. Participants’ are able to observe all competition classes. All other persons wishing to observe the competition will have to purchase a Entry Pass from the Registration Desk.
- MYOF & Euroasia shall have no liability in the event of illness and/or injury to persons, damage and/or theft of objects that may occur during the journey or while the competition is in progress.
- MYOF & Euroasia has unrestricted rights to film, broadcast, photograph and record any part of the competitor’s participation including but not limited to rehearsals and competition performances. Malaysian Youth Orchestra Foundation & The Euroasia Association of Performing Arts reserves all rights. The participant agrees that he/she waives all rights and interests arising from the distribution or use of any such recordings.
- The rules of the application must be strictly adhered to and each supplementary document requested supplied.
- By submitting the Application Form, which forms a part of the Rules & Regulations and Terms & Conditions of the Piano Festival, the participant is deemed to agree and comply with this document.
All information on this document was correct when posted. However, MYOF & Euroasia reserves the right to make changes without prior notice if circumstances dictate.
Latest Amendment date: 22nd May 2018