*20th DECEMBER UPDATES: ALL OPEN CATEGORIES ARE NOW FULLY BOOKED. ONLY REGISTRATION FOR ABRSM PUBLICATION CATEGORY IS STILL AVAILABLE UNTIL ALL SLOTS ARE FILLED.
*24th DECEMBER UPDATES: The Festival has now been changed to only one day on the Saturday 11th February 2023. To avoid congestions during the festival, we have managed to obtain additional event spaces on Level 9 and Level 21 at the event venue (Plaza VADs, TTDI). This addition allows us to organise the Festival in one full day instead of two days.
ABRSM PUBLICATION CATEGORY – Piano, Violin & Singing (Sponsored by ABRSM)
PIANO STAR | VIOLIN STAR | SINGING FOR MUSICAL THEATRE | NIKKI ILES & FRIENDS JAZZ PIECES FOR PIANO
ABRSM is proud to sponsor the 2023 Young Artists Music Festival! We hope performers will enjoy exploring and playing repertoire from our books and we look forward to the performances at the festival.
Registration fees for this category are available at a discounted rate.
|Group||Registration Code||Required Repertoire chosen from:||Registration Fees|
Piano Star Five Finger-Tunes (beginner)
Piano Star 1 (Prep Test Level)
Piano Star 2 (Prep Test Level)
Piano Star 3 (Prep Test – Grade 1 Level)
Piano Star Grade 1
Piano Star Duets (early beginner to Grade 2 level)
Nikki Iles & Friends – Easy to Intermediate
Nikki Iles & Friends – Book 1 Intermediate
Nikki Iles & Friends – Book 2 Intermediate to Advanced
Violin Star 1 (Beginner Level)
Violin Star 2 (Beginner to Grade 1 Level)
Violin Star 3 (Grade 1 – 2)
Singing For Musical Theatre Songbook Grade 1
Singing For Musical Theatre Songbook Grade 2
Singing For Musical Theatre Songbook Grade 3
Singing For Musical Theatre Songbook Grade 4
Singing For Musical Theatre Songbook Grade 5
Please select category’s registration code during registration. MYOF may group or combine participants into smaller competition groups if necessary. SLOTS IN THESE CATEGORIES ARE LIMITED. (First come first served basis). Registration will close earlier when all slots have been filled. Register early to avoid disappointment.
Special Note for Piano Star & Violin Star Publication selection:
- This category’s performance is not restricted to performing the piece as it is. Creative presentation of a chosen piece is encouraged to successfully communicate artistically to the audiences.
- Participants may improvise musical piece with repeats (if necessary), using different dynamics, articulations and etc. to “tell a story” or create an interesting performance.
- Performance as a whole is considered from walking up the “stage” to the final bow.
- Each performer will have a maximum of 3 minutes to present the original piece and improvisation.
PLEASE READ FESTIVAL’S RULES & REGULATIONS, PAYMENT & REFUND POLICY, TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ONLINE PAYMENT / REGISTRATION & PRIVACY STATEMENT PAGES BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR REGISTRATION. BY SUBMITTING YOUR REGISTRATION WITH FULL PAYMENT, WHICH FORMS A PART OF THE RULES & REGULATIONS AND TERMS & CONDITIONS OF YOUNG ARTISTS MUSIC FESTIVAL, THE PARTICIPANT / PARENT / GUARDIAN IS DEEMED TO AGREE AND COMPLY WITH ALL THE RULES & REGULATIONS, TERMS & CONDITIONS.
OPEN CATEGORY – Piano & Violin (Free Choice*)
Note: Age groups is determined by the Year of Birth up to 2023.
|Age Group||Max Performance Duration||Registration Fees|
|Age 7 – 8|
(Born 2015 – 2106)
|Age 9 – 10|
(Born 2013 – 2014)
|Age 11 – 12|
(Born 2011 – 2012)
|Age 13 – 14|
(Born 2009 – 2010)
|Age 15 – 17|
(Born 2006 – 2008)
|Age 18 and above|
(Born in or before 2005)
Performances exceeding the stipulated time limit may be disqualified or given only an honorary mention regardless of the quality of performance.
MYOF may group participants into smaller competition groups for each age group category, if necessary. Registration will close earlier when all slots have been filled. Limited slots are available, register early to avoid disappointment.
**GUIDANCE FOR REPERTOIRE SELECTION:
- There is no minimum performance duration. The length of the piece should not exceed the allotted time as stated above.
- Repertoire allowed: From Baroque to 21st Century periods. Participants who perform modern pieces from genres such as jazz, pop, rock must register under Modern category. Ensure you choose the correct genre during registration. For beginners’ repertoire, please register for ABRSM Publications Category.
- Only ONE piece is accepted. A single movement from a set work, e.g. Sonata, Concerto, or Suite, is considered as one piece. The piece must be performed in entirety, with no parts omitted. Any work that is not performed in its entirety will receive no award regardless of the quality of performance.
- Repeats are at the discretion of the participant, but all da capo and dal segno should be observed.
- Performance from memory is encouraged, but remains optional. No additional marks will be awarded.
- Participants are permitted to submit multiple entries in the same age group under different genres or with different instruments. However, performing the same piece in these other groups is strictly prohibited, including arrangements or covers of the same piece.