Malaysian Youth Orchestra Foundation (MYOF) was founded in 1997 with a mission to promote music education, participation, and appreciation to Malaysian Youth.
The foundation runs its programs such as workshops, competitions, concerts with the help from other organizations, businesses, corporations and individuals for a variety of continuing education programs for music students and teachers.
MYOF have recognized and awarded a few young performers through scholarships and financial assistance in their music programs and education. MYOF also promotes the highest levels of professional development for music teachers by organizing various conferences and workshops in collaborations with various professional bodies. It is the foundation’s hope to encourage the development and greater appreciation of orchestral music and the performing arts so that talented young people of this country will be able to hone their abilities and focus their minds and bodies to produce works of beauty that reaches world-class standards.
To assist in the development and greater appreciation of orchestral music and the performing arts, the Malaysian Youth Orchestra Foundation will be guided by the following objectives:
- To promote, improve, develop and maintain the appreciation of the arts and sciences of music in all aspects among Malaysian youth.
- To educate and assist young persons to develop their physical, mental and spiritual capacities that they may grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society, and that their conditions in life may be improved through activities associated with music.
- To promote excellence in music and give recognition and special awards to talented young musicians.
- To provide financial assistance, instruments, books and scholarships to such persons recognized to have musical talents and creativity, and who are in need of such assistance in the furtherance of their musical development.
- To be directly involved in activities that further promote and accelerate the public interest and appreciation of music such as through public lectures, concerts, recitals, musical workshops, master classes, seminars, camps and other activities.